No announcement yet.

Best Breakfast Places?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have tried the signature potatoes at Bayside Skillet and would not get them again. Undercooked and underseasoned IMO. I will have to try Satellite.

Comment

Originally posted by mink66 View Post
      I always thought "lump crab meat" = "backfin". Where else does the lump crab meat come from? The backfin is the best "lump" of crab meat in a blue crab.
      Sounds good, we'll split the cost on a bushel and you can have the backfin!

(The below info taken from a cooking website and matches my experience buying crabmeat on the open market....it may also explain why backfin is also cheaper at one-half to two-thirds the cost)

Actually, these terms are set by law.

If you remove the top shell from a crab and clean out the entrails and stuff and then cut in in half so you can view a cross-section, what you'll see are a series of tubular compartpents containing the flesh.

Those towards the back, near the swim fins, are small, and the meat is kind of broken up looking before you even remove it. That's the backfin meat. No matter how small a pick you use, it's almost impossible to recover that meat in one piece.

As you move forward, the compartments get larger and the meat more cohesive. That's the lump. Extra large lump comes only from the very frontmost compartments, and the size of the piece determines if you can use that classification. Extra large lump is actually more prevelant now than it used to be because there's a minimum size on crabs, and, overall, larger ones are being harvested.

Comment

Originally posted by BALTOBOB View Post
        Although not a dive,it's by far not the best breakfest or deal in Ocean City.
        Yeah, yeah, sez u. Good thing we don't all have the same taste or we'd all show up at the same place at the same time....sort of like those folks who line up at General's for chip beef heart attack on toast!

Thanks for the heads up on Satellite..been there, like to try something new. Anything in Bethany, Rehoboth, or new this year in O.C.?

Comment

Jordan's Rooftop

My favorite breakfast place is Jordan's Rooftop on the top floor of the Fenwick Inn. They have 5-egg omelets, enough for two people to share, raisin french toast and seasoned breakfast potatoes. I've never had a bad breakfast there. The view is nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by greenwaves View Post
            Sounds good, we'll split the cost on a bushel and you can have the backfin!

(The below info taken from a cooking website and matches my experience buying crabmeat on the open market....it may also explain why backfin is also cheaper at one-half to two-thirds the cost)

Actually, these terms are set by law.

If you remove the top shell from a crab and clean out the entrails and stuff and then cut in in half so you can view a cross-section, what you'll see are a series of tubular compartpents containing the flesh.

Those towards the back, near the swim fins, are small, and the meat is kind of broken up looking before you even remove it. That's the backfin meat. No matter how small a pick you use, it's almost impossible to recover that meat in one piece.

As you move forward, the compartments get larger and the meat more cohesive. That's the lump. Extra large lump comes only from the very frontmost compartments, and the size of the piece determines if you can use that classification. Extra large lump is actually more prevelant now than it used to be because there's a minimum size on crabs, and, overall, larger ones are being harvested.
            WOW! Thanks for the clarification.

Sorry to go off topic.

Comment

Polock Johnny's,best breakfast sandwiches on the boards,if you have never tried it is a MUST! You won't regret!

Comment

How about The General's Kitchen?

We've been there a few times and thought it was good, but nothing to write home about.

My wife and I have enjoyed The Brass Balls on the boardwalk. GOOD Bloody Marys!

Comment

My family used to love the Captain's Table at the Santa Maria. I heard it will reopen when the new hotel is built there, whenever that will be.

Comment

I also would like to put in good words for :

Happy Jacks - Great Pancakes! & Scrapple too.

Satellite - Very Fresh, I had a great omelette with asparagus & dill Havarti.

Bayside Skillet - Love the crepes and fresh squeezed orange juice. The strawberries/fruit cup is great too.

Comment

So many times in OC and breakfast is growing old for me in OC, to many day time foods to choose from. We used to eat at Englishes A LONG TIME AGO, Layton's which I dont like anymore and the same for Generals Kitchen we ate there early June and I think they have changed ingredients and we also tried Dough Rollers Breakfast which is decent so now whenever I'm in the mood for a good breakfast I goto the Atlantic Stand Yummyyyy.

Comment

Jordan's Rooftop!

Jordan's Roof Top on the top of the Fenwick Inn is awesome! The Sunday Brunch buffet from 10 - 2 is the best we have ever had. We look forward and plan or trip around making sure we can get there.

On a side note we used to enjoy English's & Layton's but feel the quality at both has greatly diminished, especially English's.

Comment

Anthony's at 16th St across from CVS

They have very good breakfast sandwiches for a good price. And for lunch they carve ham and roast beef right there in the front window.

Comment

Working...
                          X