Best Breakfast Places?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Breakfast Places?

Where are your favorite breakfast places?

We've tried lots of places, but seem to like the Satellite on Ocean Highway and 46th Street best.

Jimmy's Kitchen in Fenwick has also been very good.

The Bayside Skillet is good if you are looking for a bigger meal, especially if you want crepes, omelets, or fresh juices.

What places do you recommend going to or avoiding?

Breakfast

We've always enjoyed breakfast at the Atlantic Stand (Indoor Dining Room). They serve scrapple too. It's not real cheap but it's alot cheaper than breakfast at the Dough Roller.

Comment

HAPPY JACKS! We stop there always! Very reasonable, coloring pages for the kids, great coffee, and they serve Scrapple too. You have so much to choose from since they are only open for breakfast. Everything from creamed chip beef on toast, to waffles, to omelets, to bacon and eggs, or just toast and coffee. But the food is priced right, served quick and hot (or cold, depending on what you get), and very tasty.

On a side note: we ate at the Atlantic Stand on the boards last May and will never go back. We sat inside to eat and the bathroom toilet overflowed into the restaraunt and the water was under our feet. EW!! And they made us pay full price for our meal! And the food was lousy. Burned burger, mushy fries, and watered down soda. Never again.
      Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Crabcake Factory is consistent, good and not overpriced. Creamed Chipped Beef Skillet is always good, chipped beef over home fries.

Kathy's Olympia downtown...Greek Omelette and old-fashioned pan home fries.

Dr. Unk's also consistently good.

Coach's Diner and Bayside Skillet okay, but Bayside overpriced IMO.

Avoid the new North End TC Diner. No flavor or seasoning on anything I got, just a bland mess of Chipped Beef. All I saw working were younger 20-somethings and it just wasn't good.

Bagels and Buns is usually good, and their homemade cream cheeses are awesome. Bacon Horseradish is awesome.

I've never been to a breakfast joint in OC that didn't have scrapple. I wouldn't go if I knew they didn't.

Comment

Happy Jacks,umm-ummm-umm,I must agree!

Comment

The Kitchen - which is I believe on Philadelphia and Dorchester. Kind of a dive, but very good and inexpensive breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by Z06RL View Post
              Burned burger, mushy fries, and watered down soda. Never again.
              I live in Ocean City and go to Atlantic Stand countless times a year. I've never had a burned burger or a watered down soda. I get my fries at Thrasher's, but that's beside the point. Give it a second chance. That's extremely out of the ordinary.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenfanOC View Post
                I live in Ocean City and go to Atlantic Stand countless times a year. I've never had a burned burger or a watered down soda. I get my fries at Thrasher's, but that's beside the point. Give it a second chance. That's extremely out of the ordinary.
                I agree. I've never had a problem with Atlantic / Alaska Stand's food.

Comment

Marina Deck used to have very good breakfast, but they always seemed to have light crowds in the morning so they stopped serving it this past year.

Comment

The Victorian Room inside the Dunes Manor Hotel is the favorite breakfast spot for my wife & I, we typically have had breakfast there 2-3 times/year for the past few years. Very good eggs benedict (my favorite)!

Comment

I've had several great breakfasts at the Galley Coffee Shop in the Ocean Voyager motel on 32nd St. I believe it closes in the off season though. I also have found Dr. Unk's breakfast in West Ocean City to be consistently excellent also.

Comment

I've said before I love Crabcake Factoryin OC and Breakfast Bills in the Pines.

January, February, and March Crabcake Factory serves Brunch on Weekends from 10 AM to 2 PM so you can get a late Breakfast or an Early Lunch or Both.

Bills is still my favorite over the bridge and I also like "A Bagel And....."
                        for breakfast sandwiches and green onion bagels in the Pines.

When the bagels are fresh they are awesome!

OCJay

Comment

OC breakfasts

Jimmy's in Fenwick is very good...try a side order order of SOS. Don't like Bayside Killit...although I've tried many times. Bagels n Buns...really good-small place--LARGE menu. Open all year! Finally...don't sleep on Anthony's roast beef on 17th....if you don't feel like regular breakfest fare (which they have) a sloppy RB sammich is a fine breakfast!!

Comment

Leo's - North Ocean City - across from the Fenwick Inn. Typically the fastest service around, good food and low prices. We have breakfast there at least twice a month - year around.

Unfortunately they will be closed until about mid-March. But we'll be back when they reopen.

Comment

I tried a place this summer but can't recall the name. It's down at the south end of town by the fishing pier/where we rent jet ski's. It's on philly ave I think.
                              It is a small coffee shop in a little parking lot under a motel/apts. next to a laundry.
                              It's only open for breakfast/lunch and is very small. They had the best cream chipped beef omlette and good fried potatoes.
                              We ended up eating there a few mornings.
                              Hope someone can help me w/ the name

Comment

Working...
                              X