Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 New Posts

Hi Admin,

For about a week now, my Forum Home Page is showing that I have 10 new posts in the Restaurants-OC Dining Forum. I have gone through every page and can't find any new posts. Is it just my page??

Re: 10 New Posts

Nope. Mine does the same thing. I just click on the "recent posts" tab instead.
    Ask an OC Insider

Comment

This will test your patience but scroll through the pages and you will find the new posts. I think this is a bug where new posts fall on old pages.
      Ken

Comment

Already tried that Terp. That usually works, but this time I'm stumped.

Comment

I had this same problem for weeks. I sent the admin a note and they said htey would work on the problem. I did the search page by page for new posts multiple times. eventually they appeared (where they had not been before) and I was able to view the threads and clear them out

Comment

OCGuy,

Are you saying that you went to each page containing 20 threads per page? Or did you open each thread until you found the new posts?

Comment

Oh for the good old forum site.

Almost 2 years and still full of bugs.
              Beware of the Carona Cat !!!

Comment

I went to each page containing the 20 threads and when I saw a thread that said it had a new post I opened it (evn though most of these threads had posts 2+ yers old). Of course the first few times I wne thtough every 20 thread page none were labled with new so I had to continue to live with the problem.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. Unfortumately, nothing has worked yet. Hopefully Admin will eventually read this thread and may have some help for me.

Comment

It works correctly, but unfortunately it is not very user-friendly. From the forum home page, it will show you how many new posts are in each area. That number is correct.

However, once you click on that number, it simply takes you to the first page of the section, and scrolls you down to the first new post on the page (notice the #new in the url). Sometimes there are no new posts on that page, and you have to go to the next page (and then it loses the #new in the url).

When you are looking at the summary of threads in a section, in the "Replies" column, it says the number of new replies below the total replies. If you click on a thread that has new replies, that thread will no longer say "1 new", and the count on the forum home page will be updated correctly. It's just a pain to find them all. Once you get most of the "new posts" cleared out, it should be easy to stay on top of them, because when a new post comes in the thread goes to the top of the first page.

Ideally it would take you to a page with threads that have new posts at the top, or only showing threads with new posts, but that is not how it works.

I understand some of you are still not happy with the new(ish) forum. We're not in love with it either, but it was neccessary to allow users to access other areas of the site with the same login (forum, blogs, articles, etc). We are aware of the "new posts" issue and are looking into ways to resolve it, sorry for the inconvenience.

Michael

Comment

I knew all those tricks Michael and it still didn't work. The 10 new posts showed up immediately after I read all the new posts that I had not read up to that date. In other words, it was simply a glitch. I went through each and every page of each and every post, just to make sure they weren't hidden. I still never found them. I eventually just had to click the button that marked all posts as "read". Thanks for trying though.

Comment

Is anybody else having this? When I open the forum and click on recent posts, I get everything...........forum posts, blogs, and images! It would be soooooo much nicer if there were tabs at the top . One for forum posts, one for blogs, and one for images. That way I wouldn't have to scroll through Coins dozen images or all the bloggers to get to the actual forum posts. That was one of the best things about this forum was that it was just posts. And while I like to read the blogs, I hate having to scroll past them to get to the new posts. And the deluge of images recently has really set me off. Lovely pictures, but they should be in a seperate tab.

Okay, rant over.

Carry on. :P
                        Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Working...
                        X