45th Street Village

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45th Street Village

I heard originally new retail with a restaurant. Maybe Loco Gringos...Kidding

Anyone hear anything different. It seems they skinned the whole right side and now they are framing it back in.

I'll keep my ear to the ground
    First Time OC Winter Resident who has way too much time on his hands and a T1 line.

Re: 45th Street Village

I heard the other day that they are building a bayfront restaurant, due to open some time in the fall.

Comment

Interesting to see a new restaurant being built there since the other bay front location in the village never succeeded in the long run. That venue always seemed to have lots of potential with great views of the bay, lots of parking, and other shops (especially before the Sunsations overrun a few years ago) to draw people in, but no place could ever survive there more than a few years. The village has been there close to 30 years and I can’t think of any place that lasted 5 years. I think one of the first places there (named something like The Golden Plough) lasted the longest, and that couldn’t have been much more than 5 years. There was a nightclub there for several years, but I think it retained the same name, but kept changing ownership. Over the years that venue got run down, but I would have thought a renovation would have made more sense than new construction

Comment

That nightclub was just creepy all around! I had to use a restroom when I was at the plaza once and they had a restroom available but it was on the outside of the building. Let's just say that I opened the door, and closed it and ran away fast as I could go!

Everybody seems to think you can get rich in OC. To me, OC is saturated with too many of the same type restaurants. So unless you can come up with a new scheme, nothing will last for long.
        Ask an OC Insider

Comment

There used to be an awesome little shop in the Village called "Sunny Caribbee". They sold spices and hot sauces and various other foods and cooking-type stuff. Anyone remember that place?

Comment

I do. I actually bought some really HOT sauces there. I dont' think they relocated anywhere though. But the Country Store in north OC sells a great selection of spices and hot sauces.
            Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Originally posted by Z06RL

I do. I actually bought some really HOT sauces there. I dont' think they relocated anywhere though. But the Country Store in north OC sells a great selection of spices and hot sauces.

Oh Great another big Bayfront Restaurant...Rumor has it its called "The Ambitious Eagle"......

Details to Follow
              First Time OC Winter Resident who has way too much time on his hands and a T1 line.

Comment

I had heard about a year or yea and a half ago that new condos were going in where those shops were. Maybe the plan has changed or maybe I heard wrong...

Comment

Is the "Tap House" from 9th street opening a second location here? I heard that and a seafood steamer restaurant will be opening by the spring (March 14th opening) in that area and the Tap House. Construction looks good and they are moving along, the big bay windows will provide impresive views.

Comment

If you're heading south on Coastal and you look at whatever they're building on the farthest right, you see a TON of HUGE windows facing the bay. What is that going to be? I hope it's a restaurant because it should have some great views and plenty of light.
                    Ask an OC Insider

Comment

This location will be called the 45th st. TapHouse with 34 beers on tap. Supposedly they will have 3 bars including one outside. Watch out Seacrets here comes some competition that has the $ to back it up

Comment

Talked to the people that run the 9th St. TapHouse and Shawniup is correct and I hope this place does well there. The guy that runs it also told us that the restaurant that they will also be running will be a seafood place, he said kind of like a Joe's Crabshack. Never been to one so I have no idea what they serve. He said the vision was to have different seafood pots (boils if you will) from around the country featuring the seafood and other foods from that area. New Orleans pot would be something like crawfish, shrimp, andouille sausage. Sounds like a good idea...hope it can do well in that not so lucky location. It's a prime location so hopefully if they put something decent in there it will do well.

Comment

Talked to the people that run the 9th St. TapHouse and Shawniup is correct and I hope this place does well there. The guy that runs it also told us that the restaurant that they will also be running will be a seafood place, he said kind of like a Joe's Crabshack. Never been to one so I have no idea what they serve. He said the vision was to have different seafood pots (boils if you will) from around the country featuring the seafood and other foods from that area. New Orleans pot would be something like crawfish, shrimp, andouille sausage. Sounds like a good idea...hope it can do well in that not so lucky location. It's a prime location so hopefully if they put something decent in there it will do well.

Comment

With the new Hampton Inn opening up next door, that will certainly be a draw. Sounds good!
                            Ask an OC Insider

Comment

They are building a new Hampton Inn? Must of missed that one... Where is that going to be located?

Comment

Working...
                              X