Capatain's Table at the Marriott Courtyard 15th Street

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Capatain's Table at the Marriott Courtyard 15th Street

Captains Table is hands down our favorite. Haven't been yet this year, but will not miss it. Will check on the coupons also.

Comment

The Captains Table certtificates are a heavy card stock and expire 12/31/11. The Shark were actual plastic gift cards. The don't say an expiration date.

Comment

Originally posted by VitiminJ

The Captains Table certtificates are a heavy card stock and expire 12/31/11. The Shark were actual plastic gift cards. The don't say an expiration date.
        I suppose you can only use 1 card at a sitting. Does it say anthing about that on those cards? Thanks.

Comment

Don't forget, you can redeem your Sand Dollars here for gift certificates for the Captain's Table. 500 sand dollars for a $25.00 gift certificate.
          Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Ok. Thanks. Not sure if we'll be able to make it down there at all this year. I'm not even planning on going for any of the cruisin' events and we scrapped plans for bike week because the bike is up for sale.

Comment

I think Bike Week is going to be interesting this year since Harley Davidson closed. And the vendors, etc. are in Salisbury at Perdue Stadium. Plus the sponsor is in Seaford DE. Not sure how much business OC will be getting from this event this year.
              Ask an OC Insider

Comment

I've been wondering the same thing about Bike Week. What are the dates again. If they are the one's I'm thinking of my place is already booked so that's nice. It sucks that events like this leave town.

Comment

Bike week starts September 15. There is a new major player this year from Morgantown. He owns Triple S Harley and promotes the Mountainfest rally in WV. So there will actually be 2 events going on at once: Delmarva Bike Week and OC Bikefest. They got the city to let them use the entire inlet parking lot and will have some decent bands. Frankly, since they stopped having it at the race track, the event has been pretty stale. I'm looking forward to the new event. I bet it will be better for the bikers as well as the city.

I'll add that the owner of HD of OC/Seaford is not real happy about this. I'm told that the Triple S owner reached out to the owners of HD od OC/Seaford to team up but they (HD of OC) wanted nothing to do with them and are pretty bitter now. Look at their (Delmarva Bike Week) posts on Facebook. They are also pretty pissed at OC for letting them use the inlet. Mountainfest is a lot bigger event than Delmarva and Triple S is a bigger player. I don't think the owners of HD of OC/Seaford played their cards right.

http://www.ocbikefest.com/

http://www.wvmountainfest.com/
                  Ken

Comment

I honestly didn't know that OC had their own show separate from Delmarva Bike week. Thanks for the info Terp.
                    Ask an OC Insider

Comment

This is the first year for OC Bikefest.
                      Ken

Comment

Thanks Terp. Great news. I agree that Bike week was pretty stale and some of my friends said they probably wouldn't be coming back anyway. If they are having it in the inlet parking lot it ought to be big event.

Comment

We're going there for dinner tonight so I'll let you know what I think. I usually try a good place twice to see how consistent they are. I always use The Shark as my measuring stick because they are always consistent. The service fluctuates, but the food is always fantastic. And we're eating there tomorrow night.

Comment

Getting ready to head to Springfest.

Ate at the Captain's Table last night with wife and daughter. I had the crab Ball appetizer and the surf and turf which was fantastic. Wife had the salmon and spinach. She was not feeling well and really didn't feel life eating, but cleaned her plate. Said it was the best salmon she ever had. The only problem was the service was really slow. We were seated at 8:15 and left at 10 to 10. I think that was a kitchen issue which should be resolved as the season picks up. Definitely on my return list.

Comment

I can't wait to redeem my Sand Dollars for Captain's Table gift certificate. I have been dying to eat there and it looks like we will be tryiung it this year!

Comment

I haven't seen a reply yet about the Captain's Table Gift Certificate. I see someone said it expires 12/31. Any restrictions on days or times that it can be used? Want to buy one but don't like sight unseen. I see you cannot use it on alcohol, tax, tip, etc. That's okay - just want to be able to use it on my schedule.

Comment

Working...
                                X