Capatain's Table at the Marriott Courtyard 15th Street

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Capatain's Table at the Marriott Courtyard 15th Street

I've used 4 already with no problems or stipulations at all (if you're asking about the ones you get here for your sand dollars) And I have 2 more ready to use this weekend.
    Ask an OC Insider

Comment

So glad there aren't any real stipulations on them. That can be a bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by baybum

I haven't seen a reply yet about the Captain's Table Gift Certificate. I see someone said it expires 12/31. Any restrictions on days or times that it can be used? Want to buy one but don't like sight unseen. I see you cannot use it on alcohol, tax, tip, etc. That's okay - just want to be able to use it on my schedule.

There were no restrictions on days or times with the one that I had. Next time I'm in O.C. I will definitely dine there again. I can't wait for the Salmon Mashed Potatos. mmmm.

Comment

And I use two at once for $50.
          Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Salmon mashed potatoes sounds delicious!

Comment

We went ahead and got two of the discount cards (thanks Bob Hall and others for the info) for Captain's Table and used them last night.

We went pretty early - 5:00 - because we weren't sure if it gets crowded since the "season" has started. I have to say, this is not our first time there, but still our favorite as far as dinner goes. We both had twin lobster tails which were the best we've had. I don't know why it's so hard to find good lobster. We also had the Cream of Crab soup which was a treat because it's not on the menu but was the soup of the day - again excellent! Had side salad, baked potatoe and spouse had the corn on the cob and mashed potatoes (not the salmon mashed). Also the bread was piping hot. Everything was very good. It never did get busy and we were the only ones for about the first 1/2 hour. I know we were early and hope they do a good business later in the evening. Would hate to see them close. Definitely give them a 10 in our book.

Comment

Good to hear the great reviews, I really need to check it out sometime soon. I think it's the next place I will visit for a meal out.

I don't know why it's so hard to find good lobster.

My guess is that Captains Table uses a cold water lobster tail. Cold water tails are much more expensive then their counter part warm water tails. Meat from cold water lobster is whiter, more firm, sweeter, and much more consistent then a warm water tail.

Comment

You're right about the cold water lobster tails. That is what it says on the menu, but I really think $29 for two tails is a good price. The only other place I find really good lobster tails is when I go home to Wisconsin - go figure!

Comment

Everything was very good. It never did get busy and we were the only ones for about the first 1/2 hour. I know we were early and hope they do a good business later in the evening. Would hate to see them close. Definitely give them a 10 in our book.
                    I really don't think you have to worry about them closing the doors for lack of business. The Captain's Table in it's original incarnation, had a very strong following with vacationers, and was a favorite with locals as well. It may take a little while to get everybody acclimated to the new decor, but the food is the same top quality that has always been served.

AND - It's still a bit early in the season for OC....

Comment

That's the truth. Between Monday evening and Tuesday morning it became a ghost town again.

Comment

I must make a comment about our visit to Captains Table this past Tuesday night. We took our $50.00 voucher's that were bought thru the Ocean City site for $32.00 which included $2.00 S&H. He order the NY Strip-M steak with an extra crab side dish that came in a crock with butter and I ordered the Rib-eye -MR (which I never order) with a broiled crab cake extra side. We were very pleased with our steaks, they were hugh, done just right and oh so tender; but the crab was a different story. Oh! so fishy, not the same as we had gotten there last year. I could not even eat mine and informed the nice waitress. I had taken a few bites. I did not tell her until later in the meal. She informed the manager or chef and came out and offered a free desert. I did not take it as I was pretty satisfied with the steak and I think the crab side was $10.00. This, however was not taken off my bill but we did not say anything. I will not order crab anymore in Ocean City..that's it..didn't get to the Shark last week but I can only hope they have not started serving that Asian crab or what ever the He!! it is..All in all will go back as it is nice atmosphere(usually without children) and good service and great steaks!!!

Comment

I know some of you don't like bringing up old posts, but hate to start a new one on this. I commented on Captains Table in the past and truly loved it and was looking forward to going again for my Birthday dinner. Finally went last night (a couple weeks late) and was soooo disappointed at the new pricing. We both had decided on the twin lobsters for $29 before we arrived. The new price for the twin lobsters was $40.00. I asked the waitress about it and she said they increased the price because they now use different lobsters. I loved the old ones. Anyway, we ordered them because it was what we went there for and they were maybe a little larger and the taste was a little different - not good - not bad - just different. We also noticed other items on the menu had crept up in price quite a bit. We will still go back, but not for the twin lobsters - what the heck! As an aside, they were out of filet mignon (it was 6:00 on Thursday.

Comment

What IS Asian crab. Just crabs from Asia or cooked asian style? Just curious.

Comment

baybum, sorry to here you were disappointed in your meal. Keep in mind though that the Captain's Table is serving cold water Canadian tails, which go for about $15 per 7oz tail - at $29 they were probably breaking even... Sometimes in business price adjustments slip through the cracks, if they had more closely monitored their supplier increase they could've slowly passed this on to their customers. thus lessened the shock of a $10 increase - but it's still not out of line if you consider what you are getting.

Comment

GOOGLE:

The Asian Shore Crab – Hemigrapsus sanguineus - was first identified on American shores in New Jersey in 1988. It's since made its way as far north as Schoodic Point, Maine, and as far south as North Carolina. It is expected to continue moving northward along the Maine coast. The crab is indigenous to waters from southern Russia to Hong Kong The Japanese shore crab is invading Long Island Sound and crowding out native species, according to marine biologists.

Japanese shore crabs grow to about the size of a silver dollar. The crab’s identifiable features are a small hard bubble at the crux of its claws; three spines along each side of its shell (carapace), as opposed the similar-looking green crab which has five; and a light-and-dark banding pattern on its legs.

The crabs inhabit the rocky intertidal zone — between the high tide line and about one or two feet below low tide. They are omnivorous, eating macroalgae, salt marsh grass, and small invertebrates such as amphipods, gastropods, bivalves, barnacles and polychaetes. To the south, the crabs’ diet consists of mussels, clams, periwinkles and the European Green Crab (the latter two are also non-native species). The Asian crab is able to reproduce several times a year. Whether the crab will have similar dietary preferences or be able to reproduce as frequently in Maine’s colder climate remains to be seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X