Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Simon and Olivers Wood Fired Grill Shut Down

Originally posted by The Simon and Olivers mouthpiece

Just to set the stories straight... We had a terrific opening over the Memorial Day weekend. We had people stop in 2 and 3 times in a row to have our delicious food. So, 2 sundays ago, there was a normal, annual condo association meeting in which S&O's owner, Lynnette, sat in to hear any issues involving her restaurant. It was brought up that the smell of the wood fired grille was irritating to a handful of people in the association. Lynnette said she would look into different solutions to diffuse the smell coming from the ventilation unit over the wood fired grille. Upon hearing that, the condo association had a vote and the majority was in support of the new business as long as Lynnette holds up her side of the hearing. It is true that, due to a technicality, the city was able to shut us down for a few days. This technicality has been rectified and we are happy to tell all of you that we will be opening on Tuesday, June 7th with a limited menu. We must have this limited menu because we are still in the process of solving the ventilation issue, which should take about a week. We are still offering the best of fresh, local, organic products for you to enjoy in our comfortable atmospere. Feel free to follow all of our progress and any up coming specials and events on Facebook @Simon&Olivers Wood Fired Grille. Thank you for all the support!

So the OP was indeed true. Condo Commandos Suck. Good Luck! Nice Post Pio.
    15 Years in Ocean City.....Local Yokel

Comment

Our wood fired grill should be up and running by next weekend! So we will have our wood fired flat bread pizzas ready for you along with wood fired steaks,chicken, duck, and BBQ shrimp.

Comment

Oh yes, and cedar plank Salmon, and whatever fish is fresh for the day. And,this is not PIO

Comment

We'll be there. Thanks
          Ken

Comment

What part of "Wood Fired Grill" don't they understand???

Comment

I am following this post closely, we hope to get by and check you all out in July or early August. Sounds real good.

Comment

Your menu sounds delicious!

Comment

Closed All Weekend and Still Closed Today. Big Weekend in OC so I'm guessing not by choice.

Can somone set the record straight so I dont post rumors. Thanks.

I was gonna eat there this weekend.
                  First Time OC Winter Resident who has way too much time on his hands and a T1 line.

Comment

My bet it can be traced back to the HOA and their internal busybodieswithnothingbettertodowiththeirpatheticli ves.

Comment

What a shame to hear, I really hope this place gets under way. I want to try their food next month while I'm down.

Comment

Amireist posted sokmething about them today and the owner stated last week that they were supposed to re-open once they fixed a ventilation issue. Probably a contracting issue, not an HOA issue.

Comment

The HOA members probably wants to have a walk through before they open. The is criminal what they are doing to this new restaurant. Hopefully they adjusted his rent to help compensate for the lost revenue.

Comment

I'll go ahead and generalize since I have some experience in this but Maryland is probably the most business-unfriendly state in America.
                            Ken

Comment

Originally posted by hapnstance

Amireist posted sokmething about them today and the owner stated last week that they were supposed to re-open once they fixed a ventilation issue. Probably a contracting issue, not an HOA issue.

It is a HOA issue, demands placed on them that S&O said no to. The ventilation issue was something S&O agreed to, didn't have a problem with, and was(is) accomodating via special filters on the exhaust fans. They were ready to go with a modified menu so that the grill wouldn't have been used until the exhaust satisfied the HOA. An additional, seperate, demand from the HOA was just flat out over the top and not something S&O was willing to go along with (rightfully so) and they decided to close until there is a mutual agreement instead.............that's my understanding at least.

Comment

Hopeless Onolatry Association..

Comment

Working...
                                X