Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which restaurant does everyone rave about, but left you disappointed? Would you try it again?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which restaurant does everyone rave about, but left you ...

I was suprised at how good Latton's was for breakfast. It was off season and not much was open and could walk to it for the Hotel. I will go back again. I may have the name wrong so don't kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by rgoodman35

I was suprised at how good Latton's was for breakfast. It was off season and not much was open and could walk to it for the Hotel. I will go back again. I may have the name wrong so don't kill me.
      I think you mean Layton's. I don't think I've ever been there in all my years in OC either.

Comment

[quote=RythmSis]

Originally posted by rgoodman35

I think you mean Layton's. I don't think I've ever been there in all my years in OC

That is it thank you.]

Comment

Originally posted by tklt27

Dough Roller-much better places for pizza
          Crabcake factory-definately not the best cakes in OC

Also tried a place out on 50 don't remember the name. It was Italian. We should have known something was wrong when it was empty at 6pm. Prices were super high and food was below average.

On the flip side I never would have imagined a place like Fat Daddy's as somewhere I have to go....but it is. Also really enjoy the restaurant at the race track and was alil unsure if Macky's was my kind of place but loved it.

I find it really hard to take you seriously when you say you like Pacers. (Racetrack) Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!
          First Time OC Winter Resident who has way too much time on his hands and a T1 line.

Comment

I have only had the crabcakes but they were pretty good...easily as good as crabcake factory....not as good as coins...just my opinion.

Comment

I agree Hubba's is a great place, but LA & Galaxy are great.

Comment

Another TOPIC that has lost all of it's original purpose!

Comment

I felt the same way about the Shark - not real wild about the Voodoo sauce, but rest of family loved their meals so we went back again...and I loved it! So there is merit to saying you need to try the better reviewed places a couple times if not immediately satisfied. In keeping with the threads question, I have not been overwhelmed by Coins crab cakes though many insist they are the best in OC (crab cake factory still gets my vote). We still stop at Coins on occasion but not for the crab cakes. Also, I was not wild about my meal at Lobter Shanty, but I think it was the dish I tried, Lobster Thermidore was much too rich, but since rest of family loved their dishes, we will give it another shot this year.

Comment

Who is giving negative votes? Do people still do that?

Originally posted by OCBeachBob

How about a post on which place exceeeded expectations?

I am up for this. There is enough negativity and would love to hear about places that someone went in with little expectations about the food and/or service and were pleasantly surprised. Plenty of these accounts around, maybe I should start a thread.

Kirbys comes to mind............ best bar food in town and could compete against many other "dedicated" food establishments. Didn't know what to expect at Sinbads on 17th 23 years ago when I first visited...... they still have the best gyros (better pronounce it ghee-roh). There is a host of others.

Comment

Originally posted by highball

Another TOPIC that has lost all of it's original purpose!

just about every topic in any forum falls into that category eventually.
                      common sense is not so common

Comment

It's not there anymore, but Boardwalk Joes creamed chipped beef was incredible...definitely exceeded my expectations.

Comment

For me, Fish Tales. They served our food on styrofoam plates. For the price of the food, I was expecting real plates. The food was average. Nothing special.

Comment

Frog Bar.....great view.....every thing I saw was frozen. Waitress admitted fish taco fish was frozen. My burger was pre-formed and overcooked. Medium does not have to be gray and dry. Wife's dog roll was stale. Butter and toast it and then it's edible.

Comment

Originally posted by captpat
                              My burger was pre-formed and overcooked. Medium does not have to be gray and dry.

First ever complaint I have heard about the burgers at the Frog Bar. When you say "Pre-Formed" what exactly do you mean? Was it the way in which it was cooked or the beef patty itself?

Comment

I hate to say it, but Harpoon Hannahs. I go back every year, but I never leave their pleased. When I come to Ocean City I come to eat Crabcakes...we just can't get those in Kentucky, but theirs are not good at all and normally have shells in them. Its a great atmosphere, but not the best food. Well other than their fantastic bread!

Comment

Working...
                                X