Sandy Bottoms Bar & Grill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Dude,

If you'd been there the night I was at Sandy Bottoms last summer, you'd know what I mean. I'm fine with going to a bar with any kind of person, as long as they just want to enjoy their drinks and have a good time. However, that night, the vibe of the crowd was downright ugly, and uncomfortable. From some of the things I overheard from the other patrons, people were looking to start fights that night. That's how things like last month's tragedy start.

I may chosen my words wrong when I said that $1 Natural Lights were the cause of the issue. Several of the bars I've frequented on the Boardwalk would sell Natural Light or Natty Boh from $1.50 - $2.00, and there was never any trouble in those bars.

Comment

I agree, this place has a prime location but looks bla! The managers need to do a better job of getting people in the door. It needs something.

Comment

Originally posted by tfunkhouser View Post
        I agree, this place has a prime location but looks bla! The managers need to do a better job of getting people in the door. It needs something.
        Chech Marin's character from "Born in East L.A." standing out front recruiting people???

Comment

I stopped by during Bike Week. I had been when it was Davey Jones before. About as good as any for service during the busy weekend, $2 beers.

I was a little disappointed the bar itself was nearly the same. In my opinion, if they put a bar that ran the entire length of the wall and windows that overlook the Ocean, with tables in the rest of the open space, I think that might be more appealing to me. The bar directly in the center doesn't seem like good use of space.

I will always think of the building as Burger King.

Comment

Sandy Bottoms on the boardwalk, which is in the location previously occupied by Davey Jones and Burger King, will not be back for 2015. That space, the bottom portion anyway, will be another Kohr Brothers ice cream joint.
            Founder, Trimpers Haunted House Online - http://ochh.net
            Co Founder, The Bill Tracy Project - http://billtracy.net

Comment

Oh boy, another ice cream joint! I guess it's better than another Sunsations. I think I'd rather see Burger King back there or at least some kind of bar/restaurant.

Comment

yea.... I'd even by fine if it was a DIFFERENT "ice cream joint" - it never ceases to amaze me how these places open up multiple locations with in blocks of each other!

Comment

Came here for lunch with my Mom. My Mom had been here before and wanted to take me here. This restaurant is very divey. It is located right on the beach side. The restaurant reminded me of a restaurant I often went to called, Caddy's in St. Pete.

Comment

I figured Sandy Bottoms wasn't doing well. When I was there in late September, they were selling orange crushes for $3. That seemed like a desperation move.

While I won't be sad to see them go, I think the new tenant is a little baffling given there's already a Kohr Bros just north of that location in the Pier Building.

I was hoping for another bar / restaurant.

Comment

Working...
                    X