Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captpat View Post
    Paul Revere has communicable tables....

ROFL!! OMG I wish I'd thought of that! Too funny.
    Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Thanks for sharing another great dining report, I can hardly wait for my next trip to OC

Comment

Dean another great write up you are talented. I may steal your title in a few weeks. Sorry to barn 34 is so fouled up. Was looking forward to trying something other than breakfast there. We may still stop there for breakfast early the day we come home. I am ready looking forward to the shrimp boat.

Brianpa

Comment

Great review Dean! As always very detailed. I think I'll add The Angler and OC Brewing to our list. I love beer and the eggrolls sound really good. I'm somewhat a brewer myself. I've perfected Colt 45! Not on purpose mind you but ever batch seems to taste like malt liquor.

We've become friendly with Lee the owner of Malibu's Surf Shop on the boardwalk. By friendly I mean I chat with him while my family buys tons of T shirts! Great guy and living the life, flip flops and board shorts everyday and his house is connected to the store. Can't beat the view. Anyway I always ask him for dining suggestions, his answer is always The Angler.

We have fell in love with Joe's Shrimp Boat. Our family ate there one night and I went back several times for shrimp to go. My wife & I went back to OC for a long weekend by ourselves last year, I think we ate at Joe's everyday.

We leave in two weeks. I can't wait. I'll post a review when I get back. I asked our son (6) what he wanted to do this year. His answer: get big slices of pizza and eat cannolis. I've often mentioned on this board that pizza & cannolis is our first night tradition. Apparently my son doesn't want to change that anytime soon! He also said he wanted to go to the beach. Duh!

Josh

Comment

Thanks Melanie, I appreciate it - can't wait for MY next trip either!

Brian, thanks for the kind words as always. As far as Barn 34 goes, if you want to give them a shot for something other than breakfast, I would suggest, trying it later. I'd at least like to hope that if you got there around supper time that things would be very different. I firmly believe that they CAN cook, and I know they are using quality ingredients. The problem seems to be management, they can't make a smooth transition from making french toast, to grilling up burgers... I don't know who runs the day to day action here, but something NEEDS to change. You can't claim that your open for lunch, but lunch doesn't start till 1:00 - REALLY????? That's absurd, THEN even AFTER 1, you only offer 3 items out of your entire menu??? Like I said, they'd be better off serving Breakfast ONLY till noon, then RE-open at 5 for dinner. At least then maybe that would give em enough time to get prepped and ready for the next phase. - can't wait to hear about your trip!

Vitimin J, Thanks! Glad to hear that the shrimp boat worked out for you. We just love how fresh everything is there. Do yourself a favor, and DO try Ocean City Brewing. These Egg Rolls will change your life!!! Also, worth mentioning, the Flat Bread, is also one of their signature dishes, and like the egg rolls, they make them in all sorts of unique styles - I so desperately WANTED to try one, but after everything we ate, (and the beer) we simply ran out of room.
            Looking forward to reading your review as well!

Comment

Angler/Landmarks deal

Just wanted to let everyone know that today's Landmarks Deal is for the Angler. The only downside is that they want you to have reservations in order to use the certificate ($15 for $30). I'm not sure how strict they will be with that. It will work out for us, though, since there will be seven of us, including a 2-year-old. We want them to know that we are on the way!

Thanks for the report on the place Dean and I am looking forward to trying it as an adult in September!

Comment

Originally posted by brookie848 View Post
                Just wanted to let everyone know that today's Landmarks Deal is for the Angler. The only downside is that they want you to have reservations in order to use the certificate ($15 for $30). I'm not sure how strict they will be with that. It will work out for us, though, since there will be seven of us, including a 2-year-old. We want them to know that we are on the way!

Thanks for the report on the place Dean and I am looking forward to trying it as an adult in September!
                You're quite welcome Brookie, and I really hope you enjoy the Angler - as I've told others - We just had raw oysters, & deep fried calamari, which is not exactly a test of any culinary skills for sure, BUT we were just impressed with the place on a whole. I'd be interested in trying more, and hearing others' experiences.

Comment

I will be going to Joe's Shrimp Boat this year if I have to crawl over there...for the past few years I wanted to go, and never made it. I also will be packing a cooler full of shrimp to take home at his prices.

Comment

I stopped by to read the review on Barn 34. We are headed to OC in 23 days and I thought for sure we would stop by and check it out, but that sounds horrible. Now not only will I miss my favorite French toast once again, but I will miss my favorite Christmas shop. I guess I will be forced to find another place where I can drown my sorrows in a mimosa.

Thanks for the info - another great review, Dean!

Comment

Don't worry about Barn 34 for breakfast. We just got home saturday I will post a report soon. We stopped at Barn 34 for breakfast on the way out as going to the pirates galley has been a recent tradition of ours. Bottom line it was as good as we ever had at the pirates galley. I have no doubt they could struggle the switch from breakfast to lunch to dinner as Dean mentioned, but as far as breakfast don't worry just go.

brianpa

Comment

Originally posted by Seashell View Post
                        I stopped by to read the review on Barn 34. We are headed to OC in 23 days and I thought for sure we would stop by and check it out, but that sounds horrible. Now not only will I miss my favorite French toast once again, but I will miss my favorite Christmas shop. I guess I will be forced to find another place where I can drown my sorrows in a mimosa.

Thanks for the info - another great review, Dean!
                        Mandy,

I'm glad you enjoyed my report, but I'm not sure you should avoid this restaurant based on my review. Don't get me wrong it was, and still remains (hands down!) the single worst experience, I've ever had in a restaurant, and the word "horrible" is too kind of a description...I still to this day, can't believe that it actually happened, matter of fact after I wrote my review, I let my wife read it (something I've never done before), and asked her if I was being too hard on them - I about fell over, when she told me I was too easy on them!

[B]HOWEVER[/B ] (as Brian reiterated) the bulk of the problem was on the transition from breakfast to lunch. If you're heading there solely for breakfast only, you'd probably be fine... ALSO, in 23 days we will be in the "offseason", and things will be far less busy. I'd really like to hope if they weren't so overwhelmed by the summer crowd, our experience might have been decidedly different.

Comment

How is the parking there? Don't they just have a tiny lot?

Comment

Originally posted by Seashell View Post
                            How is the parking there? Don't they just have a tiny lot?
                            To be honest, I couldn't even tell you about the parking, because we Stayed at Castle in The Sand, this trip, and just walked there.

Comment

Working...
                            X