Worst food in OC.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst food in OC.

I don't think there a worst food thread on here yet, so a question to everyone is, what is the worst place you ever ate at in OC. This ought to get interesting.....

Mine would have to be Paul Revere's first, and English's second. Those are our only bad experiences in OC. Between the food and the atmosphere is what makes me never want to go there again. English's is closed now, maybe something good will take over.

One of the things I most look forward to when going to the beach is eating.

I can honestly say there's only one bad meal that I can recall in all the meals I've had there. And that was the infamous Paul Revere. Went once. Will never go back. It's a total tourist trap.

Comment

Philips

Philips Buffet. The serve repackaged fried food, in old oil and over cooked to boot. Occasionally we will have friends down that just have to go there. YUCK. This is just a nasty tourist spot. I have had a condo in OC for 15 years. I don't know any OC regular that would go to that place.

Comment

I'd have to go with Paul Revere followed by Philips. Eat at Paul Revere and you'll quickly learn how far apart the restrooms are on the boardwalk. Philips is way overpriced and the food was not good. Like the previous post said, over cooked and recycled.

Comment

Phillips tops my list. Can't even tolerate the smell. Jonah and the Whale is just as bad. Paul Revere's has its purpose when it comes to feeding families who need to feed a lot of kids on a budget, so I'll leave that one off my list. Pizza Tugos is way up on my list of bad, never again places. And while I'll get flamed for this........Shark on the Harbor SUCKED when we went. Bad bad service, crappy food, hubby got deathly sick. Another one we'll never return to.
          Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Worst Food in OC

1. Jonah and the Whale.-----ew. food seemed like it was not fresh, really old and over cooked. Gross.

2. Captains Galley---this place used to be great in the 80s. Maybe even 90s. Last year, we went for dinner and the portions were small, expensive and the crab cake and crab augratin gave us horrible stomach issues that were not pretty. I won't elaborate but lets just say we fought for the bathroom.

3 Fractured Prune.-----don't slam me on this, but last year we tried the FP on the boardwalk for the first time and the donuts were sopping with oil. Ugh.

Comment

Somewhat surprisingly, in the last eight years, I've noticed that the most polarizing food item discussed on this forum seems to be pizza.

I would've thought it would be seafood, but I've seen a lot of strong opinions about pizza places in OC.

Tugo's, Tony's, and The Dough Roller have all racked up a lot of negative posts. I happen to like greasy NY style pizza, so I tend to like all three of these places.

The worst pizza I've had there actually came from a place I really like - Ember's Buffett. The things I avoid at the Ember's are their pizza and their crab imperial.

Comment

The Shark sucked? That's something I've never heard before.

Comment

Originally posted by Kds53098 View Post
                  Somewhat surprisingly, in the last eight years, I've noticed that the most polarizing food item discussed on this forum seems to be pizza.

I would've thought it would be seafood, but I've seen a lot of strong opinions about pizza places in OC.

Tugo's, Tony's, and The Dough Roller have all racked up a lot of negative posts. I happen to like greasy NY style pizza, so I tend to like all three of these places.

The worst pizza I've had there actually came from a place I really like - Ember's Buffett. The things I avoid at the Ember's are their pizza and their crab imperial.
                  I knew I forgot one. I agree. The Dough Roller Pizza and food in general is horrible. Food is horrible, cost is crazy.

Comment

To each their own, Krislynell.

Between Fractured Prune, Captain's Galley, and Dough Roller, I guess we won't be running into each other at the beach. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by sa62039 View Post
                      The Shark sucked? That's something I've never heard before.
                      Very much so. We had reservations for 9 (that was the earliest we could get) got there and they couldn't seat us so we were put in a cubicle (which isn't there any more) and basically forgotten about until nearly 11. This was for DINNER!! We were starved so hubby got a steak and I don't remember what I got. Food took forever to come, no apologies, no "can we offer you a drink on us for the wait?" , nothing! We didn't get our food until nearly midnight and then felt rushed to eat and leave. By the time we got back to the hotel my husband was complaining and by 2 a.m. was hanging over the commode. Too late to eat. And this was supposed to be a complimentary dinner to impress us because of a group I belong to. Well, they didn't impress, and I've never gone back. No plans to return either. There are PLENTY of other places to dine in OC.
                      Ask an OC Insider

Comment

I will also add Tugos to my list. We had bought discount vouchers online 2 years ago. The pizza was worse than the worst we have in Northeast PA. A freezer burnt frozen pizza would have been better. Have not been to dough roller in years, I avoid that place too. Captains galley was not that good in 2013. Dried out pasta and overcooked seafood in the seafood scampi over pasta. I won't waste my money there again.
                        I am going to rock the boat here about Phillips. Which one anyway? We go to 22nd street once in awhile, I like their selection and the wife likes the pasta Station. I think its a toss up between Phillips and Embers. Won't touch bonfire again. All there food was sitting out too long as of 6pm on a thursday.I also like their featured items sign, fried shrimp, clam strips, and pasta. Really? What restaurant in OC doesn't have those?
                        Last edited by PlainsPricey106; 04-21-2015, 12:01 AM.

Comment

I'm just curious as I'm noticing a bit of a trend when it comes to pizza in Ocean City.

I've noticed that most of the negative posts I've seen about pizza places in OC are from PA posters. I'm not writing this to be snarky, just out of curiosity. What kind of pizza is the most popular in Pennsylvania?

The only reason I ask is that most of the pizza places in OC seem to sell NY style pizza, and most of these places are very successful. I know that popular doesn't always equal good. But I just wanted to know if, possibly, NY style pizza isn't that popular in PA.

I'm from Baltimore, and we have a very popular place called Pizza John's that sells greasy NY style pizza, and they're very highly regarded in the area. The same people I know who are regulars at Pizza John's will bring back full pies from The Dough Roller for family the way some people bring back taffy or popcorn.

I'm not trying to start any kind of MD vs PA thing, I'm just curious.

Comment

Kds53098: In regards to the pizza. I am from PA and I definitely think that some of the pizza places here are the best. Could just be that I grew up here and it's what I am used to. My favorite kind around here is a thicker sort of crust, lots of onions in the sauce, and the bottom of the crust is sort of fried in some kind of oil so it's greasy and crispy then the middle crust is soft and chewy. There are also a lot of places that make regular NY style, thin crust pizza as well. I don't know what it is though, all of my favorite pizza places are here in PA, and I have had pizza in a lot of places.

Comment

Noelle,

Fair enough.

As a Marylander, that's pretty much how I feel about seafood. For example, I refuse to eat seafood from a National chain. I won't give any of my hard earned money to Joe's Crab Shack or Red Lobster.

But, will I order a pizza from Papa John's or Little Ceasar's? You bet!!

Comment

Working...
                              X