No announcement yet.

de Lazy Lizard sold to owners of Dead Freddies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every bar in OC serves underage customers. Some cover their butts better and some are tight with the police. Fake IDs are big business and the quality is better than legitimate ones. The bigger issue is that a drinking age of 21 is ridiculous. One can risk her or his life in our military but can't buy a drink.
    Ken

Comment

Terp amen to that.

(I still think putting wristbands on people for lunch is nuts)

Comment

Well the drinking age was lowered to 18 a few years ago and proved to be bad news. But if you are in the armed forces serving your country you can drink all you want on BASE...

Comment

Originally posted by Highball2 View Post
          Well the drinking age was lowered to 18 a few years ago and proved to be bad news. But if you are in the armed forces serving your country you can drink all you want on BASE...
          Link? The drinking age in MD has been 21 for probably 30 some years. Show me the bad news. Sorry but I'm calling BS.
          Ken

Comment

The drinking age was dropped to 18 in 1974 in Maryland for beer and wine, but stayed at 21 for liquor but went back to 21 in 1982.
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._hi...e_age_by_state
            So Highball was right, just wrong about when. You were right about when........30ish years ago
            Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Thanks, I'm still interested in the "bad news." Is he talking about 1974-1982?
              Ken

Comment

If you don't like the drinking age being 21 blame the feds. Back in the late 70's the drinking age in Delaware was 20 but MD and NJ was 18, which was about a 10 minute drive to both. Groups like MADD and others lobbied the Feds to make it 21 throughout the US. They could not legally do this so they tied the Highway Funds to the drinking age. I believe they still are. The State of MD can change the drinking age to 18, I believe, but they would lose out on Federal Highway Funds which was about 90% of the funding of Interstate Highways.

Comment

The bad news was the result of 18 yr olds getting drunk and then the fights, wrecks, and being a real pain in the ass to other customers and bar owners. The liquor industry was the driving force in getting the law changed.... And highway funds was used to getting it changed. I am not sure but I don't think MADD was around when the change was made (at least not very strong)... So that's my two cents.

Comment

So your frame of reference is 30-40 years ago. I'm blame all our politicians. Our country is run by idiots. Sorry to get political. It's not my nature at all.
                    Ken

Comment

If your looking to blame somebody.......why not the little turds that caused the problem?????

Comment

I don't agree that there ever was a problem. It's really just your opinion. Whether the legal drinking age is 18 or 21, the number of 18, 19, and 20 year olds drinking will be identical. I see it as a non-issue.
                        Ken

Comment

Working...
                        X