de Lazy Lizard sold to owners of Dead Freddies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de Lazy Lizard sold to owners of Dead Freddies

Who would have thought they would sell but I think it had to do with them losing their liquor license. Dead Freddies is pretty crappy so I'm not overly excited about this.
    Ken

If Dead Freddie's leaves well enough alone, I could see stopping there during the day to enjoy a drink overlooking the Bay.

However, like most big places in OC, once the sun goes down, I leave like a Transylvanian villager before it transforms into a club.

Comment

If the owners of Dead Freddies manage the new Lizard place as well (and have the same great food) as they do at their 64th street location than the new Lizard place will do very well.
      Dead Freddies is a great place to eat, hang out and enjoy some nightly entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by terp84alum View Post
        Who would have thought they would sell but I think it had to do with them losing their liquor license. Dead Freddies is pretty crappy so I'm not overly excited about this.
        hmmm didnt know they lost the liquor license?

Comment

Originally posted by ocmommom View Post
          hmmm didnt know they lost the liquor license?
          DeLazy Lizard did not Dead Freddies

Comment

What will they call DLL?

Comment

I believe I saw it as OC Lizard.

Comment

This article seems to imply that De Lazy Lizard has experienced some clientele issues at night similar to that of Seacrets.

http://www.oceancity.com/ocean-city-...town-franchise

Comment

"similar to that at Seacrets"? What exactly are you getting at? I believe the clientele issues they are talking about are under aged patrons sneaking in and getting served. That doesn't happen at Seacrets. When was the last time you heard Seacrets was cited for serving under aged patrons?

Or perhaps you are referring to another "segment" of the population.....either way your post is out of line.

Comment

In general, I'm referring to the amount of times that Seacrets has shown up in the police blotter over the last few years.

And the guilty parties in these cases have spanned several different demos.

I don't think there's anything out of line about wanting to go to a safe place at night.

Comment

There are not many safer places to be in Ocean City late night than Seacrets. I would rather my 21 year old daughter and friends be coming back from Seacrets than walking the boards at that time of night. The amount of security and police presence that they request and receive makes it very safe. By shear numbers alone there may be some police calls but your post comparing deLizard's problem with what you perceive is a Seacrets problem seems a bit judgmental and borders on profiling. This thread was about Freddie's taking over de Lizard because of underage drinking. You would be hardpressed to find the last time Seacrets served to a minor.

Comment

I agree with DeMan, Seacrets is a tight run ship...

Comment

I'm not going to waste my energy in an internet argument.

All I know is that it seems like every summer, I read stories about a fight or somebody caught with a knife at Seacrets.

http://oceancitymd.gov/Police/press/...ng%20Fight.pdf

Granted, this story is from 2008. If they've cleaned things up in recent years, more power to them.

I'm also not a fan of overly crowded clubs with overpriced drinks, loud EDM/pop/techno music, and loud college age students. So, there's plenty of other establishments in Ocean City where I feel my money will be better spent.

Comment

Kds53098, you do know Seacrets has more than one bar area or venue? http://seacrets.com/#venues

Now do I go there late at night, not really. I enjoy a more relaxed atmosphere but Seacrets since it draws thousands a night will eventually get your bad apples.

You can get you idiots at a small bar to a night club. That's not Seacrets fault.

Comment

I know there's plenty to of places inside Seacrets. And to be honest, I'm even willing to give the place a try during the day when things are a little more laid back, and you can float on a tube in the Bay.

I know it's really not Seacrets's fault that they have some issues. I was just using them as an example as a comparison.

Say something bad about Paul Revere's or The Dough Roller, nobody bats an eyelash. Say something bad about Seacrets, and everybody loses their minds!!! (That's a jokey reference to The Dark Knight BTW, I'm not serious).

Comment

Working...
                              X