• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victoria's Seafood -- Any Experiences

New this season on Coastal at 81st.

Looks promising and has good ancestry.

Anyone tried it yet?

I haven't tried it yet, but will give it a shot when I go down in September. It does look good, but the Yelp reviews are mixed. Seems the crabs for some people were a little light.

Comment

Victoria's? What's their secret?

Comment

Originally posted by Kds53098 View Post
        Victoria's? What's their secret?
        I think your reply is sexist! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by pghDave View Post
          I think your reply is sexist! :-)
          "What's wrong with being sexy."

Comment

Let's just hope they keep it out of the kitchen and we don't have a repeat of "cowboys".

Comment

Locals are raving about this place. Looks like it is just carry out for now. Next year they are a adding an eat in area.

Comment

Looks like they might be getting into hot water (pun intended) with Crabcake Factory. It seems Victoria's is using web addresses strikingly close to Crabcake Factory.
                https://www.facebook.com/CrabcakeFactoryUSA/#

Post was on 8/24/16.

Comment

@OCMike- Thanks for the info. That's a really shady advertisement. When you type any of the web addresses (which clearly say "crab cake factory") into your browser it directs you to Victoria's website which has a completely different url. I had them on my list for take-out but I'll be crossing them off.

Comment

WOW that's BS. I went from thinking damn we should of tried the place to damn F them I will never go there.

The website thing is unreal low. The EBT thing sorry that's BS too. Not for seafood.

Comment

With the sleazy ads, I almost gave Victoria's a pass. But I reminded myself that I ever really cared for the crabcake factory folks (I've long since forgotten why) and gave Victoria's a go. Glad I did.

First had a simple shrimp salad sandwich for lunch one day. Simple, nothing fancy but fresh and loaded with shrimp. A half pound of shrimp salad on a bun-- hard not to like.

Happy with that we got a half bushel of steamed crabs (mediums, $99). They were all done well. No clunkers in the batch. Lots of meat and well seasoned. As good as, if not better than, any other provide we've used in previous years.

And a short walk from our condo ... Hard to beat.

Comment

I'm just resurrecting this old thread to note that Victoria's has apparently added a second location at 1500 (ish) Philadelphia. It looks to be a bit more of an sit-down place than the 80th at Coastal location. Seems that both locations will be operating this season?

(By the way, I saw this news on one of the OC FB groups.)

Comment

Originally posted by pghDave View Post
                          I'm just resurrecting this old thread to note that Victoria's has apparently added a second location at 1500 (ish) Philadelphia. It looks to be a bit more of an sit-down place than the 80th at Coastal location. Seems that both locations will be operating this season?

(By the way, I saw this news on one of the OC FB groups.)
                          we went to the NEW Victorias on 15th street,,,It is in the old English Buffet building. turned it into a restaurant, bar,,and carry out for crabs...we went in about 3 on saturday. bar is small... some bikers had helmets on the barstools. even though they werent all sitting there..so we grabbed a table.. Got the 2.99 shrimp special...was good... served with fried potatoes. and onions. which of course weigh in with the shrimp for 2.99 But hey for the price it was good,, and the .99 natural light cans..ya just cant beat..LOL..Dining area was not busy at the time...but i think once word gets out...business may pick up for them.

Comment

Working...
                          X