All you can eat crabs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All you can eat crabs?

Is PGN or Higgins better for all you can eat crabs? I am here in OC now and want to try one.

I've never had PGN but I had Higgins (North) last year and was very satisfied with their crabs. They had an AUCE with corn, fries and slaw that was reasonably priced.

Comment

What does PGN stand for?

We had the AYCE at Crab Alley last month. For $40 a piece, crabs, steamed shrimp, fried chicken, corn, and hush puppies. Everything was delicious.

Comment

Waterman's on Rte 50 is very good!!
        Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Not a crab expert but have been told over and over that On The Bay Crabs, which is around 43rd Street and actually on the ocean side have by far the best and "heaviest" crabs around.

Comment

on the bay

Originally posted by DeMan View Post
            Not a crab expert but have been told over and over that On The Bay Crabs, which is around 43rd Street and actually on the ocean side have by far the best and "heaviest" crabs around.
            we never did the auce..but have gotten crabs to go..and they have been good. also Shrimp Boat has good crabs...and we did PGN to go this year..they were good. too.

Comment

Mug and Mallet has good crabs too. I've never done the AYCE there, but I've bought them by the dozen before. They're good, and especially considering the location, not overly expensive.

Comment

Crab Bag is always very good, but can be very crowded, which means it must be good....

Comment

Originally posted by Highball2 View Post
                  Crab Bag is always very good, but can be very crowded, which means it must be good....
                  So is Paul Revere.....busy is not ALWAYS a barometer.

Comment

captpat, ya got me on that one!!

Comment

Ended up at Crab Bag. After a 45 minute wait and this was at 8:30 pm, we got seated. Food was excellent! Crabs were big and meaty.

Comment

Working...
                      X