Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakfast Year Round

Good Day All,

My wife and I are heading to the beach this weekend, and we may opt for eating breakfast out, which we typically don't do.

Does anyone know good breakfast spots, preferably in West OC or downtown OC, that're open this time of year?

I can't help with this one. We don't eat breakfast any time of year so I am really unaware of what places might be open.
    Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Layton's on 16th Street. We always eat there the morning that we're heading home because we like to leave early & it's one of the few......very, very few places that open by 6 AM. Their food is good, reasonably priced. And, don't forget to get a donut for eating on the ride home!
      https://laytons1601.wixsite.com/layt...estaurant/menu

Comment

Decauter Diner on Rt 611

Comment

Originally posted by EllAnn View Post
          Layton's on 16th Street. We always eat there the morning that we're heading home because we like to leave early & it's one of the few......very, very few places that open by 6 AM. Their food is good, reasonably priced. And, don't forget to get a donut for eating on the ride home!
          https://laytons1601.wixsite.com/layt...estaurant/menu
          Oh cool. I didn't realize they were open year round. Since we haven't eaten there in about two years, that's a nice choice.

Comment

I know of the Bayside Skillet, though that's more in North OC. Good crepes though!

Comment

Bayside Skillet is on 77th St.
              Dough Roller says on it's website that they're open for breakfast on 41st St. and the one on 70th St. I know Sunday mornings that Horizon's inside the Clarion Hotel has a breakfast buffet.
              Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Yes indeed,Laytons is our go to place for breakfast.Been going there for years.Food is always very good.Can honestly say we have never had a bad experience.

Comment

Thank you everybody for the suggestions. We have some options if we do decide to go out for breakfast.

I'll say though, I've been to the Decatur Diner twice, and was not impressed. The first time was in September of 2011 or 2012, and again in Summer 2013. I'll say that each time the service was quite good.

But, I don't think the food was much to write home about. And both times, the floors were covered with dirt, and there were flies everywhere.

It's four years later, and they're still open, and there always seem to be cars in the parking lot, but I don't see myself going back after seeing the place filthy in two different years.

I'll add that I REALLY miss Pepper's on 611. I talked to one of the bartenders on the Boardwalk location towards the end, and she said they were looking for a possible other location. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that, with the closing of Culture, they return to Rt 611

Comment

The Gandi Restaurant? Are you located in OC? Where?

Comment

Originally posted by Jozo View Post
                      The Gandi Restaurant? Are you located in OC? Where?
                      I think it is safe to say that the Gandi Restaurant post is spam. If you look at the location of person it says Amsterdam.
                      common sense is not so common

Comment

Originally posted by bar2008 View Post
                        I think it is safe to say that the Gandi Restaurant post is spam. If you look at the location of person it says Amsterdam.
                        Yeah, figured that. Hope we don't start getting hacked again like a few months back.

Comment

It's been reported. Spam.
                          Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Barn 34 has an awesome breakfast, and the Bloody Mary's are outstanding.

Decatur on 611 also has been spot on.

Layton's is an all time favorite.

Any others?

Comment

Originally posted by westoc4me View Post
                              Barn 34 has an awesome breakfast, and the Bloody Mary's are outstanding.

Decatur on 611 also has been spot on.

Layton's is an all time favorite.

Any others?
                              Dunes Manor on 28th. If it's a nice day you can eat on their deck with a great view of the wind farms.......................ooops, I meant ocean.

Comment

Working...
                              X