Tailchasers - 122nd Street

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailchasers - 122nd Street

New farm to table on site of old Parched Pelican.

Operated by the Off the Hook folks so it should be good.

Name strikes me as kind of high schoolish but I’ll remain optimistic.

Will await comments

Smells a little fishy to me.

Comment

Don't want to sound prudish here, but that name sounds like it will draw the wrong kind of crowd. Like you said............high schoolish. Will most likely attract 20 something guys and girls looking for drinks and , well, you know.

Yeah, bad name choice.
      Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Being ever-curious and google enabled I did some research ...

And learned that tailchasers has something to do with bass fishing.

So I guess that’s the tie in to the on the hook theme.

Methinks they will need to explain this A LOT and probably turn away a lot of confused Seacrets rejects in the meantime.

Maybe we are just a bunch of dirty minded old farts???

Comment

LOL Dave!! Yes, I'd never ever in a million years ever guess it had anything to do with fishing................well at least with fish you catch in the water. I figured they're fishing for a different type of tail.
          Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Always identified "tailchasers" as a canine term. For example, there's a pet-sitting business using that name.

Comment

Originally posted by Z06RL View Post
              LOL Dave!! Yes, I'd never ever in a million years ever guess it had anything to do with fishing................well at least with fish you catch in the water. I figured they're fishing for a different type of tail.
              Told'ya it smelled fishy!!!

Comment

Hey Z do you think it will attract the same crowd as BJ’s on the Water?

Comment

I have a T shirt from BJ's that has a great graphic on it and I love it .... but I do always feel a little uneasy wearing it (especially away from OC).

Comment

Hey!! I like BJ's. Always have a good time and enjoy what I'm eating.

And yes, I get the reference. lol

Anybody know what the BJ stands for (restaurant name, not the other one.)
                    Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Originally posted by Z06RL View Post
                      Anybody know what the BJ stands for (restaurant name, not the other one.)
                      Given the one owner's name is Bill I always assumed it to be his initials / nickname but I know what happens when you assume.

I don't think I've ever seen it written anywhere.

Comment

We might give the new place a try this summer.

We tried the Parched Pelican last year, and the food and service were both excellent. But, the fact that the place was nearly empty on a Sunday night in mid July surely wasn't a good sign.

Comment

Since our minds are in the gutter.....don't forget Big Peckers, Brass Balls and of course Hooters!!

Comment

Working...
                          X