Happy hour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy hour

What is your favorite happy hour spot and why?

Originally posted by Holly'sMom View Post
    What is your favorite happy hour spot and why?
    Mother's on 28th St. $3.50 Margaritas starting at 4:00. Mother's is our favorite hangout, as it's across the street from our place, open all year, and has local sports on TV. Small place, so sometimes you need to wait around to get a bar stool, but it's well worth it. Food is great.

My son just turned 21 and we had our first Dad/Son drinks there.(legal ones for him anyway)

Comment

Thanks Jozo. Not far from where we are staying, maybe walking distance!

Comment

Oh such a tough question ...

We most recently have come to love Marina Deck's Happy Hour mostly because it's such a great view and atmosphere but they have some great fancy drinks that Mrs. Dave loves.

Macky's climbed back onto our fave list last year. It never deserved to fall off but there are just so many happy hours and so few days. Toes in the water ...

BJ's gets a special nod for their late night happy hour, starts at 10 if I recall correctly. Now all we need is for someone to fill in that 7-10pm void! :-)

I have never once made it to Harborside's happy hour but I bet I'd love it.

Now I don't know how to say this tactfully but if you're a little more senior in years (like we are) the happy hour crowd at Harpoon Hannah's is a hoot. At least in September it tends to the older demographic. Seniors (not as in June bugs) still know how to have a good time. I imagine in season they skew a bit younger.

Comment

Thanks Pgh Dave. I have done the Harborside happy hour before and it was fun. They had live music and the crushes were cold and delicious. that was about 5 years ago though, not sure what it's like now. I may try Marina Deck, I'm wondering it if gets crazy crowded like Macky's and Fish Tales??? We are 3 50something women that still know how to have a good time, so maybe Harpoon Hannah's is something to think about, although it is a lot farther than we wanted to go. We are staying in town, so wanted to keep it below Rte 90. I appreciate your input!!

Comment

Coconuts. Know a bartender; stumbling distance home lol.
            ​​​​​​
            Ken

Comment

Good to know, thanks!

Comment

Since my husband & I don't drink, I probably shouldn't comment here............but it will anyway. We've been in the Marina Deck eating during happy hour & it never seemed like the bar section was crazy crowded, but there enough people there to make it interesting. Since M R Ducks is right beside Marina Deck, it seems like MRD draws the most people & keeps MD from becoming ridiculously crowded. Just my non-drinking observation. I don't know about the quality of the drinks at MD, but I can say that their food is very good, & pretty reasonably priced.

Comment

Thank you EllAnn, we wanted to try MR Ducks, so we may try both while we are there. We can just hop from one to the other!

Comment

Holly's Mom: sounds like you are still in the planning phase of your trip, so check out my dining guide from last year: https://forums.oceancity.com/forum/o...7-dining-guide

EllAnn: Since you don't drink, can you drive me around the OC bar circuit????

Comment

Jozo--we threw together a girl's weekend real quick, and the other two hate to make decisions, so I am in charge. I checked out your dining review, very impressive! I have eaten at several of those places, this isn't my first trip to OC. I have been going to OC since I graduated high school in...well, the 70's. A lot has changed, but a lot has stayed the same too, which is what I like best. it is a very nostalgic place. I just wanted some new places or some old places that I have not been to and I have gotten a lot of suggestions, thanks to the forums. I will try to give my report afterwards too. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Looking forward to your report; where are you staying?

Comment

For a happy hour of a different sort there's Harrison's Harbor Watch ... if you are into raw bars.

While I'd like to sit at the raw bar and slurp oysters and their oyster stew with my beers we can't help but get a table and gaze at the inlet while I slurp. I seem to recall happy hour deals on oysters at the table but you can't get the stew table-side.

If you're not into raw bars then this would be just a normal happy hour with a tremendous view (and a really good crab dip).

If you do the Marian Deck -> MR Ducks tour you could easily include Harrison's AND/or the Frog bar in a pretty good happy hour, south-end tour.

Comment

Originally posted by Jozo View Post
                            Holly's Mom: sounds like you are still in the planning phase of your trip, so check out my dining guide from last year: https://forums.oceancity.com/forum/o...7-dining-guide

EllAnn: Since you don't drink, can you drive me around the OC bar circuit????
                            Would love to, Jozo. But I gotta warn you, we're early risers, which means we also retire rather early! We like to go to Assateague &/or the marinas early in the morning, or sometimes we head north to Bethany Beach for an early morning breakfast.

Comment

Jozo--we are staying at the Ocean Mecca. I thought about switching to a different place this week, but it was a hassle to do that, so we are just leaving the reservation as is, besides, we like older nostalgic motels. I just hope the beds are comfy! I read from others that the place is very clean, although a bit dated, it's ok with me, we don't need luxury for the few nights we are staying. I will give my review on that as well!

PghDave--we plan on checking out the Marina Deck and M.R. Duck's for happy hour. I have been to the Angler nearly every trip to OC for breakfast on the dock but have yet to stop at the Marina Deck or Duck's. This may be a first. I would like to go to Fish Tales and Macky's, but it is nearly impossible to park OR get a table. Trying Blu's too hopefully.

Comment

Working...
                              X