No announcement yet.

My Last Try at a trip report before I give up on this forum for another 2 years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Last Try at a trip report before I give up on this forum for another 2 years

OK, I've tried and tried and this forum will not allow me to post my trip reports. This may be why so many have left here and never returned. I'm going to try one more time. I've been absent from the forum for a couple of years but do visit occasionally to see what's going on in and around Ocean City.

This summer my family and I did our annual trek to Assateague but we only could do about 1 week this year due to vacation scheduling at work. We made our normal trip to Captain Joe's Shrimp Boat for my wife's birthday dinner. Half a bushel of crabs, several pound of shrimp, drinks and one hamburger for my son's ex fiance and everything was excellent, especially the atmosphere and service.

We also got to take some friends to JJ's Pizza in West OC just off of Route 50 West. For anyone who hasn't tried it, this is a great place for brick oven style pizza. They also have a full Italian food menu and a fancier restaurant next door.

My wife and I made a couple of trips to the Decatur Diner, which was good as usual, one trip to The Tavern in Berlin for breakfast and of course one meal at Dough Rollers.

For my wife's and my 31st Wedding Anniversary, we vacationed on the boardwalk just two weeks ago. We decided we would try some new places that I've read about on the forum. One such place was BJ's on the Water. It was good. Their wings are really good and they make their own wing sauce. Not sure what it is but man did it have good flavor. We also tried breakfast at the Bayside Skillet. Huge omelets and everything was delicious. We visited Shenanigans on a Saturday night and were not disappointed. I was a bit let down by their up charged ($2.79) side salad which I would hardly call a side salad. It was more like a small handful of salad greens with a really delicious Vinaigrette dressing.

Two trips to The Frog Bar for burgers and we were very pleased, although they really need to work on their iced tea. For some reason, not matter when we go their tea always has that rotting in the pot taste to it, even though it's unsweetened.

Nice write-up. Hope you stick around as this forum could use its regulars back along with new blood.
    common sense is not so common

Comment

Sounds like a good summer. I've been a fan of BJ's forever. Seafood skins, prime rib sandwich, and even their chicken Teriyaki are all delish. And I agree..........PLEASE don't leave!! We all love you!!
      Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Nice report and Happy Anniversary.

BJ's is my wife's favorite; love that place. When our kids were little, feeding the ducks kept them entertained until the food arrived.

I keep hearing good things about Bayside Skillet, Fog Bar and Captain Joe's. Will have to try soon.

Don't give up on the board, we need more posters!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Glad to see that you were able to post, flaggerjohn. Sounds like you had some enjoyable eating while on vacation.

Comment

Last time we were at Frog Bar, in May, it was awful. Bad waitress, bad food, warm beer, and dogs everywhere. Nice location, but aside from that, it has little to offer for us.
            Ask an OC Insider

Comment

Welcome back Flagger,been quite a while,also happy anniversary. Very good trip report.I love the frog bar,great burgers,great view. Visited the bayside skillet a while back,omelette was very good,but the wife os not an omelette person...cant get a fried egg there,i fi d that odd.Anyways,good to have you back,now dont be a stranger.

Comment

Originally posted by kdog2 View Post
                Welcome back Flagger,been quite a while,also happy anniversary. Very good trip report.I love the frog bar,great burgers,great view. Visited the bayside skillet a while back,omelette was very good,but the wife os not an omelette person...cant get a fried egg there,i fi d that odd.Anyways,good to have you back,now dont be a stranger.
                That makes me wonder if they scramble their eggs for the omelets on-site. Maybe they buy already scrambled liquid eggs somewhere so they don't need to stock whole, in-the-shell eggs. Just a thought. We've only eaten there once, for dinner, & weren't really impressed.

Comment

Yeah EllAnn,eggs over easy there cant be had,its omlettes or crepes or nothing,place gets all this hype....I dont get it....but the omelette i had was great.Im not real impressed either.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't mean to sound like a cry baby. I was frustrated. Had tried to post the write-up about 3 times and each time it showed 2 words and eventually told me it was waiting for Mod Approval. I plan to stick around. Shame I won't be back down to OC until July 2019 though.

Comment

July,2019??? Maybe I'll see you there.

Comment

Originally posted by flaggerjohn View Post
                        Thanks for the feedback. I didn't mean to sound like a cry baby. I was frustrated. Had tried to post the write-up about 3 times and each time it showed 2 words and eventually told me it was waiting for Mod Approval. I plan to stick around. Shame I won't be back down to OC until July 2019 though.
                        I like this board, but it does do some crazy things occasionally. For a few months, I couldn't log in to post; turns out, it was some weird glitch in my home computer, as I was able to log on with my phone.

Then yesterday, I posted a pic on the sunrises thread and the whole thread disappeared.

Go figure

Comment

Working...
                        X