No announcement yet.

Places to Avoid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only 4 - 2 adults and 2 kids. (that was last year).

Our other bad experience (this year) - Oceanview Restaurant in the Quality Inn Boardwalk. We just about finished our meal before 1 child even received his meal, and their only excuse was that the fryer was having problems. Except that the 3 kids all ordered the same meal. Two got theirs and the last did not. How big of them - they removed the automatic gratuity for that one person's meal. Won't go back there again.

Comment

• Adding tip on credit card

I dont think legally, a server can add a tip on after you sign. You should make sure Mackys knows the server did that. i wait tables, and we are not allowed to add any tip on the credit card receipt..

Originally posted by tracyann91 View Post
      Our experience at Macky's - terrible service - I asked for silverware, and didn't get it. I then got my food (mediocre), and still didn't have silverware. My family almost finished their food before he got around to bringing me silverware. We didn't leave a tip, and we found out from our credit card statement that they took it upon themselves to ADD a tip (after we signed the receipt). We bitched and the credit card company refunded us, but MACKY'S is off of our list forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by mommom View Post
        I dont think legally, a server can add a tip on after you sign. You should make sure Mackys knows the server did that. i wait tables, and we are not allowed to add any tip on the credit card receipt..

That's because a server doing that is stealing. It's against the law and not only could they get fired for it, they can get arrested.

Comment

• It seems like you did not like it because of your waiter, but your daughter at the other table got decent service. Is one bad waiter a justification to tell everyone not to go there?? Just wondering...

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06RL View Post
            I read it in OC news in Oct. They listed all the places that were being torn down. My wife and I have allready decided that we won't be vacationing in OC this year. We will be there for short weekend events, but not a week or two vacation. We're heading farther south. I know it won't make any difference to the town, but if enough people feel like we do, then the impact could really affect OC with a huge drop in revenue. I doubt if that will happen though. What OC is out to attract are the wealthy DC, MD residents and get rid of the middle class family vacationers.
            Well....lets hear the list....I'm interested !!!!!

Comment

• Smokers BBQ Pit

Getting back on topic, Smokers was a bust. Food is pre-cooked. Someone in the kitchen likes pepper. On every side to the max. Sauce was unimpressive. Go somewhere else.

Comment

• Mug and Mallet

Some of you have made comments about disliking Mug and Mallet. Just want to say I ate there 7 times this year and had a great time and great food there this year! Perhaps you should give it another try. They have some really great staff and managers that are really trying to pull it together!

Comment

• Anyone know where Pollack Johnny's is now located?

Comment

• I got home from OC about 5 days ago,could not find Polock Johnny's,not from lack of trying.Been going to PJ'S for about 25 yrs. now,last 2,no PJ'S.

SAD AIN'T IT?

Comment

• Polock Johnny's last year was located off the boardwalk inside Soprano's Pizza on Baltimore Avenue. This year it moved up the boards a bit further, don't quote me on this, but I believe I saw it on 5th Street underneath the Tidelands Caribbean Hotel.

Comment

• Originally posted by OC John View Post
                        Anyone know where Pollack Johnny's is now located?
                        On the corner of Caroline Street and Baltimore Avenue... I believe. Could be wrong about Caroline, but it's downtown, right off the boards. It's combined with Soprano's Pizza, if you know where that is...

Comment

• There is also a Pollock Johnny's on the Boardwalk between 5th and 6th St. It's a combination PJ's / Sopranos.

Comment

• Watermans

Watermans is just nasty. The place was filthy and the food was disgusting. Fish was way undercooked..sent it back..everyone was done by the time it made it back to table..brother in law ordered crab with cheese sauce type entree..the cheese sauce looked/tasted like the cheese sauce from kraft mac and cheese
                            I hate clothes

Comment

• Re: Places to Avoid

Jonah & the whale is terrible. The food is bad, the servers don't speak english & they add 15% gratuity on all checks no matter the number in your party. The food is either over cooked or cold. The selection is a joke. Do not eat here.

Comment

Working...
                              X