whale/dolphin watching

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whale/dolphin watching

Is there anywhere in OC to do whale/dolphin watching?? I was looking last year, but I was mostly coming up with going into Lewes and taking the ferry to Cape May!!?? Am I missing something, after a while I think I just overlook the obvious!! It all starts to look the same and I can't remember which sites I looked at even though I try to write it down?? I know one year when we went out on the speed boat(big yellow banana one) when we got back into the bay we saw some dolphins at about sunset/early evening. I've seen dolphins near the beach after big storm at tailend of huricane and a seal in the bay by the restaurants at the docks!!

Re: whale/dolphin watching

Not sure about whales but dolphins are prevelant everywhere most of the time. There are certain holes they find food and seem to be seen more consistently, the state line comes to mind.

This time of year seals seem to beach themselves and become a fairly common sight as well.

Comment

There are no specific whale or dolphin watching cruisies, but most of the trips on the Sea Rocket and OC Rocket will see dolphins and head over to where they are swimming.

Comment

You can see dolphins almost anytime from your hotel balcony or the shore. I can't honestly remember a time when I've been in OC and not seen them. I've never seen a whale though.
        Ask an OC Insider

Comment

If you want to see a whale, just go down to the inlet and check out beach. There are plenty of whales around, male and female!

Comment

I worked on 13th st. In the summer, andy you would see dolphins quite often. Whales unfortunately I only. Saw when they washed up

Comment

I never knew OC had seals. That is a new one to me.

Comment

Seals I believe only come while passing through.

Comment

The Carousel Hotel has a facebook page. Each morning they post between 10 and 15 pictures of the sunrise. Last winter a seal was hanging out on the beach and they posted about 10 pictures of the seal. Only time I've ever heard of a seal in OC.

Comment

So do seals = Sharks?

Comment

Of course there are sharks in the water silly. I've seen them and I've seen people catch them from the pier. They're mostly sand sharks. Not the Great White ones like in Jaws or the ones in the nature shows that leap out of the water to catch a seal. But there are sharks in the water.
                      Ask an OC Insider

Comment

I've seen a handful of sand sharks caught while surf fishing, but nothing over 3 feet.

Comment

Thank God or I'd probably never get in the ocean at OC. Of course I know there are sharks everywhere but it's good to know they usually stay away from the OC shoreline.

Comment

Yeah, no worries here

Comment

i've seen dolphins many-a-time just out on our boat!

Comment

Working...
                              X